John V. Tamborelli
John V. Tamborelli, is a skilled civil litigator and trial attorney who has tried numerous jury and court trials to verdict. He has extensive experience in real estate and business/commercial litigation matters, including contractual disputes in the areas of insurance (coverage, contribution and bad faith), labor and employment, directors’ and officers’ liability, attorney errors and omissions and toxic exposure. Mr. Tamborelli has also represented many County and Local Public Agencies in complex multi-party matters including construction, insurance and employment and is well versed in the Public Contract and the Education Code.
Concerning Public Sector clients, Mr. Tamborelli understands reporting obligations under the Brown Act and the need for coordination and consistency between the various agencies and divisions in Municipal operations and procedures when handling large litigation. Utilizing this knowledge of the inner-workings of various Public entities Mr. Tamborelli helps his clients navigate through the regulatory limitations while pursuing successful litigation results.
Concerning Private Sector clients, Mr. Tamborelli takes his unique public sector experience and applies it to assist in handling pre-litigation claims in an effort to informally resolve a claim and provide suggestions to limit the risk of future exposure. When litigation arises, a cost effective approach to seek a fair and just remedy is pursued.
Mr. Tamborelli provides continuing education courses to his clients and to various professional organizations. He regularly speaks to the Greater Inland Empire Municipal Lawyers Association, The California Association of Sanitary Agencies and The South Coast Water District in the areas of public works construction contracts and labor and employment.
He has also been a featured speaker for presentations in various venues in the areas of Residential Defects, the Anatomy of a Contract, Pre-Trial and Trial discovery tactics and examination, False Claims Prosecution and Defense, Elimination of Bias and the Current State of Reasonable Accommodation and Employment Harassment and Discrimination.
Mr. Tamborelli acts as a Judge Pro Tem. Mr. Tamborelli previously served on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of Variety, The Children’s Charities, is the Past President of the Las Virgenes Education Foundation and is an alumni Mentor for the Pepperdine University School of Law.
- Bachelor of Science, Business Management, Providence College
- Juris Doctorate, Pepperdine University School of Law, American Jurisprudence Award in International Public Law
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- United States District Court for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of California (1988)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Past Executive Committee and Board of Directors of Variety, The Children’s Charities
- Past President – Las Virgenes Education Foundation
- Past First Vice President – Agoura / Oak Park Chamber of Commerce